Sunday, January 26, 2014

Domino Effect

When my middle child saw me working on the baby's room he asked me to work on his room next.  Since his 4th birthday is coming up I figured it was a good time (and let's be honest I'm always looking for an excuse to redo a room).



This was the room when we moved in.    Blue paint, wall paper border on the walls and doors and a row of built-in's.






When we moved in we didn't do anything other than paint it using leftover paint from the living room.   




His room is the smallest of the bedrooms and and further emphasizing the small size is a wall of shelving.  The shelving made the already small room very narrow and tough to arrange furniture.






Think, think, think...  Lightbulb!  The middle 2 shelves are the exact width of a full sized bed.  If I removed those and slid a bed in there I'd gain some real estate and give the room more of a square look.



Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment